The Tortoise Website

The Tortoise Website
Click on image to go to Author website. "THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT." Eccl. 9:11

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Review of The Book Traveller by Alan Moreton

Amazon Four Star Review by Top Reviewer Angela Wolf  “Bookangel”

Retired avid reader Thomas buys a chair from a mysterious bookshop (antique shop) owner. He discovers that the chair will transport him into the books he is reading. He becomes one of the main characters in several classic works.

As he reads different books he reflects on his life and tells his life story. (From the books he chooses, the reader can guess the way his life story is going to end.)

On top of that, there is a minor plot line involving his dog Sky. Sky can understand humans and communicate with some of them. He even follows his master into some of the novels. Additionally, he and a rival dog compete for the affections of his 'lady love.'

There is a lot happening in this book. Yet in spite of its length, I found it to be a surprisingly quick read. In some places it reads like a memoir and I'm wondering if it is slightly autobiographical.

This book was an entertaining read, and I would recommend this novel to those who enjoy getting lost in a good book.

Comment by Angela Wolf after re-editing and republishing The Book Traveller:

Hello Mr. Moreton - thank you for stopping by to comment on my review! I really enjoyed the book and found it very entertaining. I was very hesitant to mention anything negative about the book at all, but I felt it was best to be completely honest. In light of your changes to the book, I will edit my review. It's a book I would be proud to have written. Thank you...Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment