The Tortoise Website

The Tortoise Website
Click on image to go to Author website. "THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT." Eccl. 9:11

Friday 3 February 2012

Doing Business

Thursday 8 December 2011

In the parable of the talents in Luke 19: 11-27 Jesus said: “Do business till I come.” It seems that we are to use the talents, abilities and opportunities we have without allowing the fear of failure to prevent us from taking action.
How often I have been tempted to give up in despair when things have not gone according to plan, but earlier in Luke 18:1 Jesus said “that men ought always to pray and not lose heart.” I suppose He knew that we would be tempted to lose heart and said that prayer is an ever constant resource when we do.
I have often taken calculated risks with varying degrees of success (and failure!) But I do not regret the failures, because I do not regret the fact that I tried.
Now I am trying to gain recognition as a writer and published author and anyone who is a fellow writer knows that in today’s market place despair is an ever present reality! The competition is overwhelming, but the point that Jesus makes is to never give up, to commit it to God in prayer and to be faithful in taking action.
Or as Jesus puts it in verse 17: “...you were faithful in a very little...”
Because by doing some little thing every day towards promoting our talents we are “doing business” and being “good servants.”

No comments:

Post a Comment