The Tortoise Website

The Tortoise Website
Click on image to go to Author website. "THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT." Eccl. 9:11

Monday 12 March 2012

Best self promotion! by Neil Ostroff


It’s been a while since I posted all the sites I use to market and promote my books. I figured since I have so many new blog followers (I’m up to 111 so far; thanks all for following) it would help anyone looking for greats sites to promote on. I’m just going to list them in no particular order. They’re easy to sign up and have friendly people in their forums. I recommend you download all your books to these sites for the exposure. I also post my blog on these sites and participate in groups. It has definitely driven sales.

The book marketing network.com

Authors Den.com 

Bookblogs.com

Mycreativeintent.com

Booktown.com

Google stream

Wringroom.com

Storylink.com

Goodreads.com

Scribd.com

Linkedin.com

Kindle Boards

Kindle direct publishing

Amazon.com meet our authors forum

Twitter

Shelfari

Biblioscribe

Digg

Reddit

Stumbleuponit


--I also highly recommend the sites below for writing advice. You can post samples, or stories, or just ask a question. The people here are very friendly and have given me great free editing and advice over the years. But DO NOT self-promote here.
Bestsellerbound.com

Absolutewrite water cooler.com

Mywriterscircle.com

Writers-network.com 

InkN’it.com

Wherewritersmeet.com

Mywriterscircle.com

Authonomy.com


--Here is a list of sites I recommend all authors put their books on for display. I don’t participate much on these, but I always add my book, summary, and link to my account when I publish a new one. It’s all about exposure.
Writing forum.com

Figment.com

Writerface.com  

Writing.com

Writersnet.net

Book daily.com 

Published.com

Bookhitch.com

Writetobreathe.com

Indieauthorsunite.com

Worthyofpublishing.com

Booksie.com

Bookpleasures.com

Blogcatalog.com


--Well, there it is, the secret to my promotional efforts are now laid bare. I spend between two and five hours involved in daily marketing and promoting on these sites, including posting on forums without self-promotion. But as I posted earlier, Kindle Boards allows you to place a picture and link of your book after each post so it’s like promoting anyway. I hope this list helps. Feel free to print it.

No comments:

Post a Comment