The Tortoise Website

The Tortoise Website
Click on image to go to Author website. "THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT." Eccl. 9:11

Sunday 22 January 2012

Solar Panel Panic Mark 2

Wednesday 07 December 2011 continued

After the Solar Panels were installed on our roof, Mrs. Tortoise happened to glance up at the ceiling of our study room and saw a wet patch above her head. More panic as we investigated in the loft and discovered that the roof was leaking through a large hole in the inner felt.

The builders came and filled up the hole in the felt with filler. I emailed to the Solar installation company to say that this quick fix was not enough and that the leak from the roof needs to be investigated.

Mrs. Tortoise told me about a second hole in the felt and I was annoyed with her because she hadn’t told me about it and she hadn’t insisted that it was filled when the builders were here.
The solar installation company told me that the Solar Panel fitters were in located in Manchester and that the local team would only be trained by the beginning of January!

I replied that the other hole needs to be filled now. But this was not the end of the story or the resolution of our leaking roof.

Our nerves were frayed today. We went to buy some paint for our new conservatory but Mrs. Tortoise irritated me by changing her mind as soon as we walked out into the car park!
Mrs. Tortoise and I were arguing and upset with each other the whole day as a result of the leaking roof. We tried to watch some TV to take our minds off the problem but as soon as we turned off the TV Mrs. Tortoise began going over the same issues again. I couldn’t stand it and escaped to bed.
I woke in the night and repented of my behaviour and attitude towards Mrs. Tortoise. I determined to be more patient with her on the morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment