The Tortoise Website

The Tortoise Website
Click on image to go to Author website. "THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT." Eccl. 9:11

Sunday 1 January 2012

A Reprieve!

Monday 05 December 2011 continued

I received a letter from my Cardiologist today. I have been waiting for several months to discover the results of the tests I had earlier in the year after having had a heart attack and having had a stent inserted in my right artery in May this year.

I have been taking five tablets every day since and exercising by going for a walk for 40 minutes every day.

I had already been advised that I have extensive heart disease affecting my left arteries and that it was thought that a triple bypass might be the best treatment in the longer term.

After reading through all the medical jargon in the Cardiologist’s letter he suggested that because I am asymptomatic, not experiencing any Angina pain or breathlessness that I should continue with my medical therapy, as there is no indication to have surgical intervention at this time.
So hugs and kisses from Mrs. Tortoise and general relief all round!

I must admit that the thought of having my chest cut open, in spite of the success of bypass operations these days, was not one I particularly relished!

So I have been given a reprieve for the immediate future, for which I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment