The Tortoise Website

The Tortoise Website
Click on image to go to Author website. "THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT." Eccl. 9:11

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Solar Panel Panic!

Monday 05 December 2011
I recently had 12 Solar Panels installed on my roof.  I had planned to have them installed in February 2012 but the government decided to reduce the Feed in Tariff by 50% for installations registered after 12th December 2011. So, a big panic in the Solar industry to get as many installations done as soon as possible before the deadline.
I sent off my registration documents by recorded delivery to EDF, my electricity supplier, but due to a lot of activity surrounding the erection of a new conservatory being done at the same time, I lost the recorded delivery receipt. More panic!
Now I have to phone EDF to see if they have received my application. I am not looking forward to it because I suspect it may be time-consuming and frustrating, as they are probably being inundated with hundreds of calls.
As I suspected I spent ages waiting on the phone to EDF. When they finally answered there was no trace of my application! More panic!
I had planned to send it again by special delivery but the man at the other end of the phone gave me an email address to send it to, so I scanned all the documents and sent them by email only to discover that I had missed one! More panic!
I scanned it and added it and sent it again. I hope I haven’t confused the issue and that my registration will go through OK! More panic at the thought that I have messed it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment